The U.S. Treasury has just announced that it’ll be replacing Alexander Hamilton’s picture on the $10 bill with a woman’s in 2020. The Treasury Secretary is asking for public over the summer on social media using #TheNew10 hashtag on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
1. Select a woman in history and give three reasons why she should be honored. Have students post to this blog.
2. Create a ten dollar bill using FESTISITE.
3. Design and create a new bill with an important person in his/her life.
4. Research the ten dollar bill.
5. Read this article – Nine Year Old Girl Asked Obama to Put a Woman on the $20 Bill.