- As a class, discuss why companies advertise.
- Compare similarities and differences between advertising and peer influences.
Resource: The 20 Most Viral Ads of 2012 (so far). NOT all the videos featured in this article are educationally appropriate. Be sure to filter through the selection and share only what is educationally appropriate. ,
- Bring in tobacco and alcohol ads or any other types of ads from newspapers and magazines or online. The ads collected may be from different types of media, including print, movies, and television.
- As a class analyze the ads by identifying the strategies used by different organizations or companies.
- Task: Create your own “anti-drug” ad using common advertising techniques. Be sure to choose a “target group” for your advertisement. What it is about your ad that will be appealing to “target group”. Your ad can be no longer than one minute.
Trivia: The average cost of a one minute Super Bowl commercial in 2012 is around $3.5 million and NBC has already sold out their full allotment of ad space!
Try using Pixorial to create your advertisement.